This is the easiest Vegetarian Pot Pie recipe ever with just a handful of ingredients.
- Pie crust. I use Pillsbury.
- Half a block of brie cheese, cut into thin slices
- 4-5 cups of frozen mixed veggies (cubed)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- Saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until translucent on a non-stick pan
- Add the frozen vegetables and stir frequently for 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Dissolve well the cornstarch in half a cup of water and add the mix to the veggies
- Mix for another minute until the cornstarch covers the veggies
- Add some oil to a pie shaped baking pan and place the first layer of crust
- Add the hot veggie mix on top of the crust
- Place the brie cheese on top to form a small layer, place the second crust on top of the cheese and seal the crust edges together
- Poke 10 holes with a knife on the top crust and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Feel free to use fresh veggies instead of frozen ones.
- Add more herbs and garlic to the filling if you have them, but they are not necessary.
- To make the veggie filling even gooier, add a full cup of water and use 4 tbsp of cornstarch instead.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad to double the veggie count!
- Add a few cups of fresh or frozen spinach to make it even healthier
- If vegan, omit the cheese 🙂
- Let the Vegetarian Pot Pie cool completely, and freeze.
Check out the Vegetarian Recipes section for more ideas.