For all the strong women in the world: You are brave and unique. Not perfect but strong. If you wonder why is it difficult to be a woman, here are 10 examples to help you gain some insight into our day to day lives:
- It is hard to deal with tampon changes every few hours.
- Putting a tampon on.
- Removing a tampon.
- Buying pads every month.
- Sleeping with the worry of having an overflow and staining our clothes and bedsheets.
- Thinking that we smell, even if we just showered.
- It is hard when we have cramps feeling like an elephant’s foot is pressing out our stomach.
- Carrying all the supplies wherever we go.
- Exercising while wearing a pad.
- Wearing a pad with tight pants.
- Having an abundant cycle and wearing white.
- It is hard to buy bras, wash bras and wear bras.
- Bras are expensive and uncomfortable.
- Boobs get stretch marks if they grow too fast when we are teenagers.
- Or they get stretch marks if we lose weight too fast.
- Sometimes they get stretch marks if we breastfeed.
- We are uncomfortable if it gets chilly because our nipples will perk up and people will pretend not to be looking when we know they are looking.
- Our cycles are long, ranging around 28 days vs 24 hours for a man.
- With too much estrogen, we cry and look weak.
- Too much testosterone, we are decisive and are called bossy. Sometimes a b$&%@.
- Then the acne appears.
- Our boobs feel tender on certain days.
- Legs get sore some other times.
- We get constipated.
- It is difficult to find the right shampoo that keeps our scalp clean and ends hydrated.
- Keeping it long with healthy ends.
- Dying it to cover grey hair and not look too old.
- Using dry shampoo in between washes.
- Using smelly hair masks when needed.
5. The other hair
- Eyebrows: Keeping our eyebrows neat and shaped while using tweezers, pulling hair by hair and pinching skin accidentally. Waxing them if we can because is better to suffer a lot for 5 minutes and enjoy for 1 month of freedom.
- Armpits: Having to shave every day during the summer and put on a deodorant that irritates our skin right away.
- Upper lip: A combination of the last two.
- Pubic hair: Being brave and waxing ourselves or letting a stranger look at our privates and paying them to cause us a lot of pain.
- Vomiting for the first 3 months, every single day, sometimes twice a day.
- Gaining 18 kilos during 40 weeks.
- Walking like a penguin for the last few weeks.
- OBGYN appointments.
- Vaginal ultrasounds.
- Blood work.
- Pushing a person out of own bodies.
- Letting a hungry little human shape your nipples until bleeding and developing blisters.
- Suffering mastitis, getting a fever and an infection treatment.
- Feeling the pain from chest to back.
- Spending extra money on foundation, eyebrow liner, eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow, bronzer, highlighter, blush, brushes, lip liner, lipstick.
- Removing everything at night with makeup remover solution, pads or soap.
- Repeat every day.
10. Being Rejected for all the Above
- Instead of being rewarded.
Happy International Women’s Day!
Please check out more content!